I've had a couple requests for the text of what I read at our Mothers & Daughters banquet night at church. Here's the intro and the basic outline for the "beauty tips" (again, I am indebted to another writer who had the same10 "treatments" - though I did change their definitions and the scripture references).
It almost comes naturally for us to know how to care for (preserve, hide or draw attention to) physical beauty. Many of the same principles apply when caring for spiritual beauty.
But you need to be aware you have a spirit to care for. So before any of the treatments, we have to find a mirror, someone in your life who reminds you that you are more than this body on this earth at this time. You have to have someone who holds up a “mirror” by saying, “This is how I see the Eternal Creator God in you.” Something esle also acts as a mirror, revealing what we are supposed to look like: the Word of God.
1) CLEANSER: removes all unwanted impurities. CONFESSION – forgiveness though the blood is our spirit cleanser. I John 1:9, Ps 51:2, 7
2) MOISTURIZER: soften, nourishes. COMPASSION – seeing others and their needs (how God sees them) will soften us. Phil 2:3-4
3) WRINKLE CREAM: smoothes, preserves against effects of time. FAITH – letting go of worry (no worry lines!) Heb 11:1, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 Peter 5:7
4) FOUNDATION: provides an even base on which to build. WORD OF GOD – the starting place for everything. John 1:1, I Cor. 3:11, Rom 10:17
5) BLUSH: brings color and radiance. GOD’S LOVE – sets us apart, highlights our beauty. Matt 5:16
6) EYE MAKEUP: accents the beauty of our eyes, protection. VISUAL INPUT – what goes in comes out. Matt 6:22, 1 Cor. 6:19
7) LIPSTICK: makes lips full, sweet, pleasant. OUR WORDS – how we speak to others, how we talk about our lives, how we praise. Prov 16:24, Prov 18:20-21, Song 4:11
8) HAND LOTION: Keeps us touchable, soft and feeling. GOOD DEEDS/GENEROSITY – when we think of others first. Prov. 31: 13, 31, Ja 2:14-16, Prov. 28:27
9) FOOT THERAPY: gets rid of our calloused roughness. GOOD CHOICES – treating our feet as special, the paths they travel important. Jer 6:16, Ps119:59, Ps 18:33