Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Maggie's Advice: How to take a vacation

"If it feels like work, looks like work, smells like work, or even slightly reminds me of work, I'm not doing it. I add an Amen to let god know it counts as a prayer, a rule make under His watchful eye, and is therefore revocable should he so desire." Margaret Becker, Coming Up For Air, pg62

I wrote niegh on to 45 pages in that red journal from Friday night to Monday night(including photos of the Richmond trip and drawings and collages - pictures are worth a thousand words, right?) . Oh, and drained two pens that were on the way out. And beyond the Haiku-a-Day segments, no poems.

At first, I was shocked. Then, as I wrote Monday night, " I felt that happening - felt the resistence when forming lines and trying to OUTPUT. No. This weekend was about INput. And it's going to continue through this nextweekend. Then what?? I turn into a poetry-writing machine? Mmmm. Probably not."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home