Thursday, March 16, 2006

Like a Band-aid

It's really been three weeks? My many apologies to my friends that had been so great about checking in on me. I'm finding I can slow down a bit now. So this will very much be a newsy entry.

WORK:
Last week was our big radio-thon for the non-profit Crisis Pregnancy Center and Hannah House Maternity Home. Twelve hours of live radio, in the middle of which my cat gets sick and has to be taken to the vet (praise be to God, she's healed up nicely). And of course I had been in super-woman mode planning for the day for two solid weeks.

Today was "Joey Day." Nothing to do with baby kangaroos. I have a new co-host named Joey and his on-air debut was today, so we've been training this week. I'm so exicted about this new chapter.

HOME:
My brother David and I now know where we will live this summer. I had been praying for the solid "This is the ONE" feeling. So... there's this cute duplex with hardwood floors, fabulous color scheme, a yard, and WASHER/DRYER in a quiet neighborhood. We called the landlord back half an hour after seeing it.

CHURCH:
Overnighter for the girls in our kids' program this Friday night - and they've each invited all the girls in their class. After running around screaming "AAAHHAHH! WHAT WERE WE THINKING!" we got really excited about reaching all these little girls. But in other words, don't expect to hear from me again till next week. I'll be sleeping.

VBS is on the horizon. Fiesta! Catcus, sombreros and pinatas as far as the eye can see. I'm singing in my sleep, "Yooooooooh tengo un amigo que me ama!" [Though this does partially explain a dream I had this weekend about ball room dancing flaminco style in a big gymnasium.]


So. It is painful to get back into this habit. But I just had to bear my teeth, reach inside and make myself... SHARE... Just had to do it quick before I changed my mind.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Some people dream about ballroom dancing. Some of us dream about potluck dinners in castles with dragons. Sigh.

Glad you're back, BTW.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thank you, Bethany.

Just proof you can't have your foxtrot and eat it, too.

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are back. I decided you really was hanging out in California.

Think you're still on Ca. time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home