Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thanks, Old St. V

I just have to say that I'm decideding that today is a good day. I think that Valentine's Day should also be declared "National Contentment Day." A day to consider what love you have in your life. Yeah, a bit like Thanksgiving-Part 2. But an excuse, thanks to persecutions, love rituals and the coming of spring for me to take a look at what's good in my life.

So here's my self-reminder list that I am sharing with you today, just in case you end up in the 10-items-or less line with your single-serving microwave meals, scanning the store to see good-looking people buying roses and chocolate and stuffed bears for someone whose not you.

* I am loved by the Creator of the Universe. I am seen deeper than any human can see me by the one who has given everything to show me what value I have.

* My family rains down love on me everyday - their phone calls, letters, visits and emails, are sweet postings in my memory of what love without condition looks like.

* Dear friends, you make the mirror for how I see myself (be kind with your powers). So many of you have been the voice and hugs of Christ to me. Thank you.

* A church family that reminds me of my place in the body. The graciousness and encouragement there is nearly overwhelming to my soul. Thank you for loving me.

* And my cat loves me, even if that's mainly because I change her litter and give her tuna.

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Cats are a great thing. It's amazing how much purring and nuzzling some awful-fish-smelling treats will get a person

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love you even more if I got more tuna.

Bronte

 

Post a Comment

<< Home