Monday, February 27, 2006

A Day Over 26

I had a great day yesterday, complete with surprize gifts, cards, wonderful food, and impromptu "Happy Birthday" songs from both my brother and my dear friend Hidi. (And, yes, David, you better believe I saved the phone message - I'll just celebrate my birthday to near-rhymes and laughter for the next 14 days). Thanks to everyone who made me feel appreciated!

It is a little funny to think just because that day a mark another year on earth, I should expect extra attention and free desert at the restaurant of my choice. In other words, those that forgot or didn't know, you are forgiven. (Besides, you likley didn't get a card from me on your Birthday did you? But now you're reading my blog, so you are subject to the dwellings of my minds, as selfish as that may be.) And I'm announcing that I am considering taking the focus of of myself. That is after Bible study, where I expect just a bit more hoop-la about my day.

Really, it's my mom's fault that I think that Feb. 26th is a special day. Part of me wishes I could have awoken in the house I grew up in and run down the stairs to a dinning room table featuring the Birthday Girl chair at the head and a modest stack of blue-and-yellow-wrapped packages.

But this year, the whole focus has shifted, and I am just greatful. For family. Memories. Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home