Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Not a Painter

Pealing the masking tape from the newly painted "Green Twig" walls of my brother's room at our new duplex, the author realizes she's not perfect. Primer shows through in spongey reverse blotches. Even painter's tape isn't enough to keep all the baseboard lines crisp and clean. And yes, there is at least one splotch on the white ceiling. But I refuse to do another coat.

Do you hear me, oh sprites of guilt and imperfection? I refuse!

Besides, I don't have time.

David actually is unloading into the house today. Now we are waiting to see how God takes care of a little car thingy (I don't even want to call it an issue and give it any credence). I'll just say that this is a great testimony in the making.

And I hope my mom isn't reading this, 'cause it tends to maker her nervous when I say such things.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

sprites of guilt and imperfection?
That's the making of a poem or something right there.
I expect to see a copy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home