Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Worth-It Movie

Not even sure if anyone is returning to this page anymore. I have been caught up in the world of myspace. Allow me to be a bit of a commercial, as I say that is great to be able to track down so many college and high school friends that I haven't seen in a very long time.

Here's commercial #2. This next Friday night is opening night for a fabulous faith-centered movie about, what else, FOOTBALL. I saw it a few weeks ago at a pre-screening and was just blown away by the amateur cast (all volunteer, by the way), the beauty of it (coloring paid for by the church the brother-producer/director/actors attend in GA), and the way it has touched me.

So go see the trailer right now: Facing the Giants

And then check out the theater near you (type in your zip code). Remember your dollar does most to help a movie have a longer time in the theater by going the FIRST weekend.

Happy movie-going. Let me know what you think!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first I have heard about this movie. I will have to check out the website. I have heard about another "faith-based" movie opening in October--"One Night with the King (the story of Esther). I hope "faith-based" is the correct description. Do you know anything about this movie?

mp

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Yes, I read the book - quite good, even if I did have to shake off the creeps that a man wrote so intimately in first person female.

"One Night" definatley has my hopes up. So does "The Nativity" to come out around Christmas, of course.

(Hope you check back to see this, as I don't have an email for ya!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home