Friday, March 31, 2006

Clock Exchange

For the first time in decades - hey, at least the first time since I've been alive - Indiana will be on Daylight Saving Time. My part of the Hoosier state moves an hour ahead at 2:00 a.m. this Sunday.

I'm all for progress. And I'm really glad that this happens on a weekend, when I'd normally get more sleep, and not a week night when I'm good to get 6 hours. I'm just going to miss seeing the sky start the amber glow of day at 5:15 a.m. when I'm driving to work. And then there's the going to bed in broad daylight part at 8:30 or 9 at night. It'll be an adjustment. I suppose it'll cause me to have more sympathy for my 3rd-shift-working friends.

I think I may win the prize for setting a home's clocks ahead an hour the earliest this year. I'm going to change them all Saturday morning before I take off for the weekend to visit family.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Well, at least now I'll always know that you are an hour ahead of me instead of this 6-months-ahead-6-months-the-same deal.

That was always confusing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home