Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A toothbrush named Glen

I just bought a new toothbrush. It's like a Cadillac for my gums. I could hardly stop brushing, it felt that good. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I broke my rule and paid over a dollar and half for it. Maybe it's because my last one bore a closeresemblancece to a spoon than a toothbrush. Maybe it's because it is pink.

I thought only a new dress or a concert could make me feel so good. But here I sit, beaming because of my toothbrush. Nearly wishing it was in my mouth right now. If she were sparkley, I'd name her Glenda. But minus the sparkle, she's just Glen.

I think I have to write about things like Glen, because I forget how little things can be just as pleasing and just as important for my self esteem as pay raises and surprise hundred dollar checks and winks across a room. I need to successfully cook a meal. I need to wear turquoise on a Saturday. I need to feel good about my toothbrush.

Shoot. Maybe next week I'll buy socks. Why do they package socks and cotton underwear in re-sealable packages, anyway?

7 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Now if only you had a cool Firefly toothbrush. Did I ever tell you how much I laughed about that?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Denise said...

You know, it was not until just today that I realized why you thought that was so funny... it took "Firefly" capitalized to do it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Even more laughter.
Maybe I'll need to find a browncoat for your toothbrush to wear.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what kind of toothbrush is it? I need to go get one!

P.S. Firefly toothbrush? I don't get it.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what kind of toothbrush is it? I need to go get one!

P.S. Firefly toothbrush? I don't get it.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. Server glitch... didn't think the first post had gone through. Sorry. :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Denise said...

No problem about the glitch, just makes it look like LOTS of my friends wanted to comment on Glen.

Firefly toothbrushes have a button in the handle that activate a flashing light inside the plastic. It lasts for about one minute, the time that a responsible tooth-brusher should keep scrubbin' away.

(Not to endorse any one big-box store over another, but this item is fairly inexpensive at the popular store with a bullseye as its logo.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home