Monday, April 10, 2006

Much obliged

Does the word "obliged" come from "obligation?" Answer (thanks to Dictionary dot com), they both have the root of "to bind" - in other words, the binding of the favor or courtesy is on the giver. Though it would have been a bit more fun I think if "much obliged" really meant "one who has many obligations."

Must just be me. Bronte the cat sits just a block or two away, where she's been at the vet since Friday. Were she human, she'd easily be in AARP - I don't really know how old she is. But we're dealing now with medication for the rest of her life. *sigh* Having to be an adult, making life and pain and death decision is not what I wanted to do today. Can't I just go home and stuff Easter Eggs? I suddenly feel how precious that simple companionship of a cat is. Yes. Apparently I'm going to be one of those old ladies some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home