Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm Apriled

A tribute to that lovely exercise of making up words. I actually composed this an April or two ago... And weather-wise it really was more fitting for yesterday's gorgeousness.

I'm Apriled

On this everbloomed daffodil day
I laugh for east-chased clouds
and hum with the winds, tuning
to their change my once winter whistle.

What daughter loves more
the contemplation inside a new tulip?

What gifttaker pines more
over the words in a single branch?

What beloved knows more the sweet,
untold stories in windowpane rain trails?

Such Beauty
splits my senses and
I am unsummed,

unfrozen, unwintered and freed;
forefinger, inner ear,
little toe, wristbone,
hairwhisp caught on end
seeking rhythm in the world.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

I really like this poem. Every time I read it, I still like it.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like spring flowers this would be the best time to visit me. I have tulips, daffodils, bleeding hearts, dutchman's britches (woods flower) woods poppies & blooming trees all blooming together in my yard. Also many, many violets which I fight a losing fight. Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home